What’s Hot in Bridesmaid Dresses?
Forget taffeta, bubblegum pink, and poufy sleeves – those styles of bridesmaid dresses are a thing of the past. Current trends in bridesmaid dresses are chic and flattering for all body types.
You’ve selected special women to be your attendants so you should choose dresses that make them feel special. Here are a few of the latest bridesmaid dress trends that are hot right now:
- Bold and vibrant colors – No more “blush and bashful” pinks or pea greens – when it comes to selecting a color for your bridesmaid’s gowns, think bold and vivid hues like plum, fuchsia, coral, or even bright yellow.
- Short and Sassy — Rethink tea-length and longer dresses and go for shorter styles, in above-the-knee flattering lengths.
- One-shoulder dresses – The latest trend is asymmetrical details like one-shoulder long or short dresses.
- Mismatched gowns– Who says all your bridesmaids have to look exactly the same? Your bridesmaids will appreciate picking out dresses that flatter their body types. You can choose one color in different styles or chose varying shades of one color.
- Lace – Lace dresses or details add a touch of romance and interest to a monochromatic gown.
- Pretty backs – Just like trends in wedding gowns, designers are focusing more on the back view in bridesmaid dresses. Details like keyhole, illusion, and gorgeous ruffled backs are all hitting the bridesmaid dress scene.
- Two-tone – Black and white two-toned looks are modern and an interesting twist on monochromatic styles. And a classic look that your girls might actually wear again!
Choosing your bridesmaids’ dresses is a notoriously hard task but by incorporating some of these ideas, you can select a dress that will make your attendants look fresh and modern. Your bridesmaids will thank you!