New Year’s Eve is the one night of the year when you can dress up and wear sparkles, glitter, and shine, and it’s all perfectly acceptable. As that clock strikes midnight on this last day of 2014, you want to go out with a bang, so choosing the perfect dress is a must.
Every woman likes to feel special on New Year’s Eve, so no matter if you are attending a formal ball or hitting the town, here are some outfit ideas for ringing in 2015 in style.
- The Little Black Dress. Always a classic and always classy, a black cocktail dress won’t let you down. Choose a style with some sequin detail or a dressier fabric with some sheen such as silk or satin for New Year’s Eve. Depending on what type of party you are going to, you can dress it up or down with accessories—choose a wrap in a bold color or let the sparkle be in your evening bag, jewelry, or shoes.
- Break out the gown. For a more formal party, choose a gorgeous ball gown in satin, taffeta, or silk. You can choose a festive color or go for metallics in silver or gold, which are very trendy this season.
- Sparkle and shimmer. There aren’t many occasions where you can get away with wearing a sequined dress, and New Year’s Eve is one of them. Sequined dresses are all the rage right now, but if you don’t want to go overboard with the sparkles, choose a dress with just some sequin accents. You can also choose a neutral color dress and add accessories with some sparkle such as sequined shoes or a shimmery cardigan. Or tone it down with just one sequined piece such as a silk top with a sequined skirt or a sequined sweater with a plain black knee-length skirt.
- Feel lush in velvet. Another popular holiday fabric is velvet. A velvet dress in a deep, rich color such as forest green or burgundy is a festive choice, or go classic with a black velvet dress. If you want to forgo a dress, a black velvet blazer over a shimmery tank with black pants and heels looks sophisticated and current.
- Fluff some feathers or fur. Another way to glam up an outfit is with feathers or fur. Choose a feathered skirt or a sweater with a fur collar. Even paired with simple pieces such as a black skirt or trouser, these fabrics add instant glamour, perfect for the most special night of the year.
Happy New Year!