Something Borrowed, Something Blue…
It’s a tradition for brides to wear “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” as a good luck charm on their wedding day. But often the “something blue” is the trickiest part of this tradition.
Here are 10 creative and modern ideas of how you can incorporate something blue into your special wedding day attire:
- Nail polish — Choose a pretty shade of blue for your pre-wedding manicure or paint your toenails in a daring shade of sapphire.
- Undergarments — Choose blue lacy undies or opt for a pair with fun sayings on them, like “I Do” or “Mrs.” or chose a blue garter belt. Just make sure the blue hue does not show through your white dress!
- Shoes – Give new meaning to “blue suede shoes” and wear a blue pair under your gown.
- Flowers — An easy way to incorporate the color blue is to include a few blue flowers such as irises, delphinium, cornflower, hydrangea, grape hyacinth, tweedia or forget-me-nots in your bouquet.
- Ribbon — Wrap your bouquet, enhance your hairstyle, or bustle your wedding dress with blue satin ribbon.
- Jewelry — Choose sapphires or other blue gems for your wedding jewelry.
- Bedazzle your shoes — Add blue rhinestone appliques to the bottom of your shoes, spelling out “I Do” or your initials, or anything else you want. When you kneel down during the ceremony, everyone will see your fun accessory!
- Monogram — Have a blue monogram with your initials and wedding date sewn into the inside of your dress.
- Bridesmaids — Why not dress your bridesmaids in beautiful blues?
- Wedding dress — Be bold and wear a trendy blue wedding gown. From barely tinted to deep navy, it’s possible to find grand ball gowns in every shade blue.