What’s Trendy this Fall?
As a grown-up, fashion’s fall season is your symbolic first day. It’s the perfect way to motivate yourself for work after the lazy days of summer come to an end.
As summer winds down, 2014 fall fashion trends are already hitting the stores, and Nitsa’s has a variety of new clothing and accessories to get you back to school—or work—in style.
Here are five hot trends for fall:
- Denim — Who doesn’t remember getting a new pair of jeans to head back to school? Whether they’re skinny, straight, boot-cut, or boyfriend, a great pair of jeans never goes out of style. And if you think denim on denim is a fashion don’t, this year it’s not—pairing fall’s new washed-denim shirts with jeans is definitely a fashion DO, but the look needs to be very intentional and shouldn’t match. Trends for denim this fall are less crisp than in the past and include more washed-out styles and patchwork denim.
- 60s mod — Think Twiggy or Mad Men but with a modern take. Sixties mod styles like mini dresses and little shift dresses are hot this fall.
- Pastels — Usually when you think of pastels, you think of spring, but this year soft, feminine colors can add a pop to your wardrobe in winter pieces such as coats and sweaters.
- 90s Throwback — Relive the 90s with fall’s urban streetwear looks. Nineties throwback styles this season are not extreme (no parachute pants here!) but include lots of worn-in overalls and denim mixed with athletic-inspired pieces.
- Shorts — Shorts are the perfect transition from summer to fall, and this season’s trend is the boyfriend short—a slouchier, rolled-up version that can be dressed up with a blouse or cardigan and little booties or dressed down with a t-shirt and flats.