It’s tempting to want to embrace the holiday and wear reds and pinks or everything heart-shaped that you own, but it’s better to pick one or two festive but chic pieces and keep the rest of your look simple and refined.
- Fancy dinner date. Valentine’s Day is a time when couples like to veer from the norm and dine at a more upscale, finer restaurant than they would any other day of the year. If a fancy Valentine’s dinner is on your calendar, consider wearing a sexy yet sophisticated dress in a classic shift or A-line style. You can stick to the LBD and accessorize with a dash of festive red in a cardigan or wrap, or go for bold red jewelry. Or chose a dress with color and downplay the accessories. Blush pink and other neutral tones are hot right now and can look romantic when adorned with lace accents.
- Drinks and dancing. Are you hitting the town with your beau for drinks and maybe a little dancing? Step it up a notch with a minidress with some sparkle. A silver dress with some killer heels is the perfect outfit for a night on the town. Or be even bolder and wear a red minidress and leopard-print heels.
- Movie date. Maybe you are opting for a more low-key evening with a casual dinner and a movie. You can still make your outfit a little more special than a regular date night. Pair a sparkly or lace top with skinny jeans and tall boots or heels, or chose a whimsical sweater with a heart motif to wear with your jeans. Comfort can still be cute!
- Girl’s Night Out. Maybe you are bypassing the holiday and plan to spend the night on the town with your single girlfriends. Dress up your favorite items—black faux-leather skinny jeans paired with a solid top and heels, or how about a black miniskirt with a red print top and red heels?
- Day date. If your beau is taking you to brunch or maybe for a day spent wandering through a museum or even a romantic picnic, you’ll want to wear something more casual but still with a hint of flair. Dark-wash skinny jeans or black skinny pants with a simple top and structured jacket work well. Add a heart pendant and ballet flats to complete the look.
Whatever you wear, Valentine’s Day is one day when you can embrace your “girliness” and enjoy the romance of the holiday!